Been doing a couple of macrame bracelets but never once did I show how to braid a macrame knot. It’s the season of giving once again & what could be better than making some bracelets for the friends and family. All these materials are readily available (& cheap), so let’s get started!
You’ll need: Cotton Twine, Hex Nut, Hook with Ring, Scissors.
1. Cut out desired wrist length & another longer strand (about 3 times of the shorter string).
2. Make a knot with the shorter string.
3. Cut off excess string from the knot. Using the longer string, fold it into half & place the middle point just below the knot.
4. Start by placing the string on the right-hand side (RHS) over the middle string & beneath the left-hand side (LHS) string.
5. Now place the string on the LHS beneath the middle & over the RHS string. Pull to tighten.
6. Similar to Step 4. Place the string on the LHS over the middle & beneath RHS string.
7. Similar to Step 5. Place the string on RHS beneath the middle & over LHS string. Pull to tighten.
8. Repeat Step 4-7. Upon reaching desired length, thread the hex nut through the middle strand.
9. Make one/ two braids in between each hex nut (own preference).
10. After threading all hex nuts, continue to braid till desired length. Then thread the hook with ring through the middle strand.
11. Make a loop with the middle strand & tie a knot with all three strands at the end.
The final look.
I’m definitely greatly influenced by Ivania from Love Aesthetics where she used hardware in most of her D.I.Ys. Got these hex nuts off Daiso & they came in various sizes in a box for just SGD2. There’s a couple of bolts lying around the house & I’m thinking of transforming them into a necklace. Till the next project!