Part II of Christmas gift last year. Unlike Part I, this bracelet’s personalised with their initials on it. Also inspired by HonestlyWTF but instead of a necklace I did it the bracelet way. If my steps are a little too simplified, do refer to their version with regards on how to do a box braid (here!).
You’ll need: Suede Cord, Hook with Ring, Alphabet Key Ring, Metal O-ring, Scissors, Pliers.
1. Cut two strands of suede cord measuring two yards each. Thread both suede cords through the ring of the hook & make a knot at mid-point.
2. The knot should result in four equal length of suede cords. Spread them out in a cross shape.
3. Flip the bottom strand up & the top strand down to form two loops.
4. Bring the left strand to the right by passing over the first & going under the second loop. Do the same for the right strand, bringing it to the left.
5. Repeat Step 2-4, tightening the suede cords after each braid.
6. Add an extra ring to the alphabet key ring using the pliers. Upon reaching middle of the bracelet, thread the ring through the bottom suede cord.
7. Repeat Step 2-4 till desired length. Thread the o-ring through the inner two suede cords & make a knot.
The final look.
Do note that it’s important to ensure that each time you braid, the suede cords should encompass each other to form a braid, or else it’s back to square one. I personally love how this bracelet has that structured sturdy look, a complement to the previous bracelet. Would be even better if the hook and o-ring matches the gold. The alphabet key rings were gotten off Taobao; if you aren’t able to find them around, a simple box braid bracelet looks good too and will suit both guys & girls.
Shall end this post with a photo of my gift for the girls: